Skoro już tu jesteś i czytasz to zostaw po sobie jakiś znak!
Komentarze jak wszędzie tak i tu są mile widziane !!!

wtorek, 4 września 2007

Toni Oswald - Dziewczyna Fru 1990-1995

Toni Oswald speaks about her,her friends and IC Explura.

The Interview

QC:how did you meet josh?how is your relationship with him?
TO:I MET JOSH THROUGH BOB FORREST IN 1997.
HE IS A DEAR FRIEND THAT I HAVE A LOTTA FUN WITH, AS WE SHARE A MUTUAL LOVE OF BRITISH CULTURE AND COMEDY. HE IS A SPECIAL SPIRIT.

QC:how was born IC Explura?
TO:IC EXPLURA IS AN ALTER EGO OF MINE AND THE PIECE “A LOVELETTER TO THE TRANSFORMER WAS INITIALLY CONCEIVED AS AN ALBUM OF LOVE SONGS TO LOU REED BUT I BEGAN READING ALL OF THESE BOOKS ABOUT ATLANTIS AND OUTER SPACE , ETC. AND THIS STORY BEGAN TO GROW IN MY IMAGINATION AND MERGED WITH A PERSONAL STORY AND THE TALE OF IC EXPLURA AND HER JOURNEY TO UNKNOWN LANDS AND THROUGH A TRUE LOVE AFFAIR BECAME BORN.

QC:who chose this name?
TO:WELL, MANY YEARS AGO I ASKED MY BOYFRIEND AT THE TIME , JOHN FRUSCIANTE, IF HE WAS TO GIVE ME A NICK NAME WHAT WOULD IT BE? HAHAHA A FEW DAYS LATER HE GAVE ME IC EXPLURA.

QC:where you find inspiration for your music?
TO:IN THE INTERNAL LANDSCAPE, MY DREAMS AND OTHER MUSIC I HEAR THAT INSPIRES ME.

QC:what you can say about the creation process?
TO:GET YOURSELF OUT OF THE WAY AND LET THE FORCES AND THE SPIRITS DO THEIR THING. BECOME NOTHING TO CREATE SOMETHING.

QC:where you record your songs?
TO:WHEREVER…USUALLY IN MY LIVING ROOM…I HAVE A MUSIC ROOM BUT I PREFER THE LIVING ROOM HAHAHA THIS STUFF WAS RECORDED WITH JOSH AT JOHN’S HOUSE WHILE HE WAS ON TOUR.

QC:when and where will be your next perfomances?
TO:THAT I DO NOT KNOW! I AM LOOKING FOR A LABEL RIGHT NOW AND ONCE THAT GETS DONE I WILL BEGIN TO PUT A LIVE BAND TOGETHER AND PLAY LIVE. MOST LIKELY NEXT YEAR SOME TIME.

QC:how you interact with your fans?
TO:WELL, WE ARE ALL JUST PEOPLE TRYING TO GET THROUGH THIS LIFE SO I JUST SHARE WHAT I CAN AS ONE HUMAN BEING TO ANOTHER AND ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO DO WHATEVER IT IS THAT THEY ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT.

QC:what you think about the current music?do you miss something of the past?
TO:I THINK THERE IS ALOT OF GREAT MUSIC! YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK FOR IT. I DO MISS A TIME WHEN THERE WAS LESS A CONCERN TO BE SO FAMOUS THOUGH. I GREW UP THROUGH THE END OF PUNK ROCK AND SO I COME FROM A PLACE WHERE IT WAS UNCOOL TO BE FAMOUS HAHAHAHA NOW, IT SEEMS TO ME A LOT OF PEOPLE SEEM TO BE MORE CONCERNED WITH THIS, RATHER THAN BEING AN ARTIST. I JUST WANTED TO BE AN ARTIST GROWING UP AND MOST OF THE PEOPLE I ADMIRED WERE ON THE FRINGES, EVEN BOWIE WAS CONSIDERED A TOTAL FREAK BY THE MAIN STREAM. I MISS THAT SENSE OF AN UNDERGROUND, I SUPPOSE. AND I DO HEAR ALOT OF YOUNG BANDS JUST REGURGITATING THE PAST IN AN UNCREATIVE WAY. I DON’T LIKE TO KNOCK ANYBODY REALLY CAUSE IT TAKES GUTS TO GET OUT THERE AT ALL, BUT I KEEP WAITING FOR THE KIDS TO BUST OUT AND BE SOMETHING THAT THEIR PARENTS DON’T UNDERSTAND HAHAHAHA WHERE IS THE NEW PUNKS? THE NEW BEATNIKS? ETC. BUT REALLY, I JUST LOVE MUSIC SO ANYONE WHO HAS REAL PASSION IN WHAT THEY DO I AM GONNA LISTEN TO MOST LIKELY.

QC:which are yours influences?
TO:WELL, THERE ARE SO MANY…THE LIST JUST GOES ON AND ON, BUT I WOULD SAY THE MAIN ONES ARE BOWIE, LOU REED, BRIAN ENO, NINA HAGEN, TORI AMOS, BAUHAUS, POLLY JEAN HARVEY, AND JOHN.

QC:what do u think about LA musical scene?
TO:I DON’T REALLY THINK ABOUT IT.

QC:which was the first album that you bought?
TO:WELL, THERE WERE TWO AND THEY WERE 45′S… TOUCH ME IN THE MORNING BY DIANA ROSS AND EVERYBODY’S DOING THE LOCOMOTION BY GRAND FUNK RAILROAD AND I WAS FIVE AT THE TIME. THE FIRST FULL LENGTH ALBUM WAS ELTON JOHN’S MADMAN ACROSS THE WATER WHEN I WAS 7.

QC:when you it started to sing and play?
TO:I HAVE SUNG FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER AND I PLAYED FLUTE WHEN I WAS 12-16 YEARS OLD. I BEGAN TO PLAY GUITAR IN 1992 BUT I DIDN’T GET SERIOUS ABOUT LEARNING UNTIL 1997. AND I STRATED HARMONIUM IN 1994 OR THERE ABOUTS SOMEWHERE.

QC:who bought your first guitar?
TO:JOHN BOUGHT ME FIRST GUITAR AND IT WAS A GIBSON ES-335 AND IT WAS CHOCOLATE COLORED AND IS STILL MY FAVORITE GUITAR I EVER HAD EXCEPT IT GOT STOLEN AND I WISH I HAD IT STILL.

QC:somebody told me about you and john frusciante in the past…what can u say about this?are you friends,today?
TO:YES, WE ARE. WE HAVE A GREAT LOVE AND RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER THAT GOES BEYOND THIS LIFE. WE SHARED A REALLY MAGICAL TIME TOGETHER AND ALSO A REALLY DIFFICULT TIME TOGETHER. NOW WE ARE ALOT LIKE A BROTHER AND SISTER…THAT IS HOW I WOULD DESCRIBE OUR RELATIONSHIP, LIKE A CLOSE BROTHER AND SISTER.

QC:and raymond stolp?speak about it
TO:RAYMOND IS SOMEONE THAT I IMMEDIATELY LIKED AND THOUGHT WAS VERY FUNNY. HE IS ALSO A REALLY GREAT GUITARIST AND SONGWRITER. I REALLY LOOK FORWARD TO MAKING MORE MUSIC WITH HIM, WE HAVE A REALLY NATURAL SYNCH WITH EACH OTHER IN THIS WAY.

QC:toni oswald is………ALWAYS CHANGING.

QC:josh klinghofer is……SPECIAL TO ME.

QC:ic explura is…..A PACE I GO TO MAKE SENSE OUT OF MY LIFE.

QC:music
TO:IS THE DANCE OF THE UNIVERSE.

QC:life
TO:IS HAPPENING.

QC:where your fans can find IC Explura music?
TO:NO WHERE YET EXCEPT MYSPACE.

QC:do u have somenthing to say for them?
TO:LET YOUR LIFE BE A DANCE.

QC:Thats’s all,sweet lady
TO:THANKS ALOT AND TAKE CARE

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Walentynkowo :D:D:D